COVID-19 and What We're Doing
Here at Bluebell Lash & Brow, we're taking every precaution to keep our customers safe. Even prior to the outbreak, our safety and sanitation standards already either met or exceeded the CDC's recommendations, and our last state inspection score was 100/100.
We strive to exceed the standards set by the CDC and maintain complete transparency during these uncertain times.
Here is an short explanation of what our standard operating procedures are, as well as what we're doing additionally at this time:
- Disposable tools are never reused and thrown away immediately after use.
- Reusable tools are thoroughly soaked in a hospital-grade disinfectant that effectively kills bacteria, viruses, and funguses, including but not exclusive to HIV, herpes simplex, pneumonia, tuberculosis, hepatitis, human coronavirus, norovirus, pertussis, MRSA, MRSE, and more. We take care to make sure tools are soaked for the minimum amount of time required to for the disinfectant to be effective.
- Anything that touches a client's face is either disinfected or thrown away after a service.
- Anything intended to be used on a client is stored in covered compartments until use to prevent airborne contamination.
- Gloves are always used in situations required by our state's cosmetology guidelines (e.g., waxing, tweezing, microneedling).
- We wash and sanitize our hands prior to touching a new client.
- We wipe down everything we came into contact with disinfectant, including but not limited to the handles of our cabinets, bottles of products, lids of gauze containers, etc.--we touch it, we clean it.
- We don't power through illnesses at work. We stay home.
- During this COVID-19 breakout, we are now wiping down surfaces with disinfectant after every service rather than at the end and beginning of the work day. This includes the iPad used for signing signatures and running transactions.
- We are mindful of reducing the amount of the things our clients have to touch while they're with us. We are opening doors for them, not offering the hand mirror, and are also not handling their credit cards.
- Even though we only come to work if we're healthy, we are wearing masks at every service to help prevent the spread of illness from us to you.
- Emails are sent out the day before appointments to give customers a health status on your service provider.
- CANCELLATION FEES ARE WAIVED for the foreseeable e future. Please rest assured that NOBODY is being forced to come in for fear of being penalized.
What you can do to support us during these times:
Yes, even our business is being impacted in an unprecedented way, but please rest assured that we would rather turn away business than risk the safety of our customers. Transparency, honesty, and integrity have always been guiding principles for our business.
If you would like to help us, we ask for your understanding if we ask to reschedule your appointment within the next few weeks, and please know that you aren't pressured in any way to accommodate us. Our appointment books are sporadic right now, so we're simply trying to consolidate bookings to reduce cost, so we mean no disrespect to your time.
We're here to service the needs of anybody feeling healthy enough to visit us, but we also understand if you would rather stay home and out of the public. In the mean time, consider purchasing product (we ship!) or a gift card (electronic delivery!). (Stay tuned and follow us on social media for a gift card sale coming up soon!!!)
As always, thank you so much to those who continue to support us. You saw us through the recessions of past, and your support and friendship is something that's never been taken for granted. Even more so now, your love, kindness, compassion, and generosity are truly touching and will not go forgotten.